Certification for General Duty Clause, Section 5(a)(1) of the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970, OSHA 29 CFR 1910.145, 29 CFR 1926.20., OSHA 29 CFR 1926.35
This course fully satisfies the following OSHA regulations:
- OSHA General Duty Clause, Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970
- CAL/OSHA 5141.1
- NFPA 1143
- 29 CFR 1910.38 Emergency Action Plan
- 29 CFR 1910.269 Line Clearance
- 29 CFR 1910.120 Hazwoper
Who Needs this Training?
According to OSHA All employees working in these areas:
- Those who face wildfire hazards at work.
- Workers that will be exposed to unknown wildfire hazards.
- Those not wearing enough PPE while working around wildfire hazards.
Dangers of Remaining Uncertified
Several components of the OSHA regulations require a knowledge of wildfires to decide what personal protective equipment may be needed to control the hazards of a wildfire.
By the end of this course we will have covered the following topics:
- Introduction to Wildfires-1:22
- Residential Safety-1:01
- Community Preparedness-11:28
- Worker Safety-1:35
- Worker Safety During Fire Cleanup Part 1-10:14
- Worker Safety During Fire Cleanup Part 2-7:44
- Wildfire Cleanup – Task-Specific Hazards-3:12
- Personal Protective Equipment-4:11
- Wildfire Response – Fire Fighting-11:10
- Cal/OSHA Requirements-1:09
Course format consists of video instruction, intermediate quizzes, and Final Knowledge Check
A minimum of 60 minutes is required to complete this course.
When an employer has reason to believe that an affected worker does not recognize existing hazards or proper precautions at some point after the initial training, the employer is required to provide retraining for that worker, in accordance with 29 CFR 1926 and 29 CFR 1910. For example, workers must be retrained when:
- Changes in the workplace render previous training obsolete.
- Hazards related procedures being used have changed.
- Inadequacies in workers’ knowledge or hazard precautions indicate that they do not adequately understand training.
Certificate of Completion
A completion certificate is available for printing immediately upon successfully finishing the course.
There are no reviews yet.