Certification for General Duty Clause, Section 5(a)(1) of the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970, OSHA 29 CFR Subpart D 1910.25, 29 CFR 1926 Subpart X 1926.1052., OSHA 29 CFR Subpart T 1926.851
This course fully satisfies the following OSHA regulations:
* OSHA General Duty Clause, Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970
*OSHA 29 CFR 1926 Subpart X 1926.1050
*OSHA29 CFR Subpart T 1926.851
* OSHA 29 CFR Subpart D 1910.25
Who Needs this Training?
According to OSHA All employees working in these areas:
- Those who work at heights.
- Workers indoors that use stairways.
- Workers that will be working around stairways.
- Those not wearing enough PPE while using stairways.
Dangers of Remaining Uncertified
Over a million injuries occur annually as a result of stairway falls. Staircase and stairway accidents are the second leading cause of accidental injury falling only behind to motor vehicle accidents. There are over 12,000 stairway incident fatalities annually. Stairway safety training is an effective way to prevent needless accidents. Workers who are exposed to working at heights especially on stairways may be injured or killed if not properly trained.
By the end of this course we will have covered the following topics:
- Introduction to Stairways-1:50
- Doors and Stairways-1:43
- Stairway Components-1:41
- Stair Rails and Handrails-3:57
- Training 0:40
Course format consists of video instruction, intermediate quizzes, and Final Knowledge Check
A minimum of 45 minutes is required to complete this course.
When an employer has reason to believe that an affected worker does not recognize existing hazards or proper precautions at some point after the initial training, the employer is required to provide retraining for that worker, in accordance with 29 CFR 1926 and 29 CFR 1910. For example, workers must be retrained when:
- Changes in the workplace render previous training obsolete.
- Stairway related procedures being used have changed.
- Inadequacies in workers’ knowledge or stairway precautions indicate that they do not adequately understand training.
Certificate of Completion
A completion certificate is available for printing immediately upon successfully finishing the course.
There are no reviews yet.